The Rotary Foundation: How does it Work?
The mission of The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Rotary members contribute their skills, expertise, and resources to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems. From providing clean water to promoting peace worldwide, Rotary Foundation grants bring service project ideas to life.
Let's talk about Global Grants! In order for a Club to apply for a Global Grant it must have the following:
- A long-term, sustainable impact
- Include activities that align with the goals of one of Rotary’s areas of focus
- Have a minimum budget of $30,000 (which includes a minimum World Fund match of
- Address an important need identified by the community
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to address its own needs
Also, a Club MUST:
- Qualify your club or district for global grants every year
- Actively involve the benefiting community in the project
- Partner with a club in another country
- Act as primary sponsor of no more than 10 active global grants at a time
- Develop a project plan that includes a budget and a financial management plan - Apply for a grant through My Rotary
- Stay up-to-date in reporting for all active grants
- For humanitarian projects and those that involve vocational training teams:
Conduct a community assessment before applying and include the results in your application
Measure progress toward the outcome
Make sure your grant idea is eligible before you write your application by asking your regional grants officer to review it and offer recommendations. It will save you time and effort!